Connect to Visual FoxPro
This topic describes how to create a new OLE-DB data source to connect to a Visual FoxPro or dBase II for use with Endicia Professional.
- Important! If you are using OLE-DB with Visual FoxPro data files on a network drive, you must map the network drive such that it has a drive letter designation. For more information on how to map network drives, see the Microsoft Windows Help. Search for map network drive.
- Note: You must have the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPro installed before you try to access the VFP file with Endicia Professional.
The first time you run Endicia Professional, the Database Connections Setup wizard starts automatically.
Afterward, you can manually start the Data Connections Setup wizard.
- Note: The setup or changes that you make in the following Steps apply only to the current profile.
- For a new OLE-DB connection, select Create a new data source (using OLE-DB), and click Next.
- In the Data Provider field, select Visual Fox Pro, and click Next.
- Click the Browse button and locate your Visual FoxPro (dbf) database file.
The path and file name appear in the Location area of the Create Data Source dialog box.
- Only in special circumstances, such as under the directions of technical support, select the Show the database connection string check box.
Otherwise, do not select the check box.
- Click Next.
If you selected the Show the database connection string check box, the wizard panel displays the connection string. You should NOT edit the connection string except in special circumstances and when instructed by technical support.
- If technical support instructed you to change the connection string, enter those changes.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name of your choice for the data source name, and click Next.
- Click OK to finish the wizard.
The Order Lookup Data Map window displays your data source name.
After you have specified the OLE-DB data source to use with Endicia Professional, the Create a SELECT Statement wizard runs that helps you specify the SELECT statement to retrieve data from your Visual FoxPro data source file.
Copyright © 2017 Endicia. All Rights Reserved.