Changes to USPS services starting June 2019
Changes to USPS Services
On June 23, 2019, the USPS will be making changes to the following services:
- - Dimensional Weight
- - First Class Mail International Service
Updates to USPS dimensional (DIM) weight for packages over 1 cubic foot
Starting on June 23, 2019, DIM Weight pricing will apply to Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express and Parcel Select packages that are over 1 cubic foot (1,728 inches), to ALL zones.
As you’ll recall, on January 27, 2019, USPS eliminated Balloon Pricing for these three mail classes. Between January 27 and June 23, Zones 1-4 have been charged single-piece rates.
Starting on June 23, 2019, DIM weight will apply to all zones.
In addition, USPS is changing the DIM weight divisor from 194 to 166. Below is an example of how this change might affect you.
For more information on Dimensional Weight, please visit “All About USPS Dimensional Weight Pricing”
Changes to First-Class Mail International Service
Starting June 23, 2019:
- First-Class Mail International (FCMI) Large Envelopes/Flats can be used ONLY for documents weighing up to 15.994 oz. (lowered from 4 lbs).
If you currently use FCMI to send merchandise in flats weighing more than 15.994 oz., your options, starting June 23, are:
- USPS First-Class Package International Service
- Weight limit: 4 lbs.
- USPS Priority Mail International
- Weight limit: 70 lbs.
- Weight limit: 20 lbs.
- Endicia’s Global Advantage Program
- A modern, economical, hassle-free way to ship to international destinations.
- Ship merchandise in FCMI Large Envelopes and Flats weighing up to 4.4 lbs.
For more information on Global Advantage program, visit “Introducing Global Advantage Program”
For more information on USPS FCMI services, visit “First-Class Mail International Service Changes”