1. How do I connect my eBay or Amazon account to my Endicia software?
First, you’ll need to access the Endicia Web Store Manager from within your software:
- In DAZzle, go to the “Web Store Orders” tab and select “Manage Stores” from the top menu
- In Endicia for Mac, click on the new “Web Stores” icon in the top menu and then select “Manage Stores”
- In Endicia Professional, select “Data Source Setup” in the “Batch Print” tab. Choose “Web Store” from the drop down menu in the pop-up window and select “Configure”. Choose “Add New” on the next screen and click OK
To connect an eBay account, follow the steps below from the Web Store Manager window:
- Select “eBay Store” from the drop down menu and click “Authorize”
- Sign in to your eBay account using your eBay User ID and password
- If prompted to verify your identity with eBay, select whether you’d like to receive your PIN via phone or email and then enter the PIN when prompted
- If you want to change what name appears for the eBay store in Endicia, select Rename in the Web Store Manager and save your new eBay store name for easier reference
To connect an Amazon account, follow the steps below from the Web Store Manager window:
- Select “Amazon” from the drop down menu and click “Authorize”
- Sign in to your Amazon seller account
- Accept the Amazon MWS license agreement and click the Next button
- Click on the Continue button to complete authorizing your Amazon store
- If you want to change what name appears for the Amazon store in Endicia, select Rename in the Web Store Manager and save your new Amazon store name for easier reference
2. How do I import and print my Web Store orders into DAZzle with Endicia Premium?
If you want Endicia to automatically import your orders choose the frequency by selecting "Order" from the top menu bar in the Web Store Orders tab, hover over "Automatically Import Orders" and then click on your desired import frequency. If you'd like to manually import your orders, click the green Refresh icon in the Web Store Orders tab.
To print a shipping label, select the order you would like to process and click the Print icon in the top left of the screen. The Print window will open, giving you an opportunity to change your package type, mail class, weight and select other optional services if you desire.
When you're ready, simply click "Print" to receive your shipping label. The tracking information associated with that label is automatically posted back to your eBay account.
Note – After selecting the order, do not select the Design tab to print the label.
3. How do I import and print my Web Store orders into Endicia for Mac?
First, click on the Web Stores icon in the main Endicia for Mac screen. Your order list will be refreshed when you launch the window for the first time and you can also manually import your orders by clicking the green Refresh icon at any time.
To print a shipping label, select the order you would like to process and click the Ship icon. You'll be taken to the Print window, where you can adjust the package type, mail class, weight and select other optional services if you desire.
When you're ready, simply click "Print Label" to receive your shipping label. The tracking information associated with that label is automatically posted back to your eBay account.
4. How do I mark an imported Web Store order as “Shipped” without printing a shipping label through Endicia?
You can mark an order as “Shipped” in both DAZzle with Endicia Premium and Endicia for Mac. From the Web Store tab (DAZzle) or window (Endicia for Mac), select the order you want to mark as shipped, then select the “Mark as Shipped” icon. You will then have the opportunity to manually enter a tracking number to post back to your eBay or Amazon account if you choose. Once you confirm that you want to complete this process, the order will be marked as shipped in your eBay account.
You can also mark an order as “Shipped” with Endicia Professional. Simply edit the tracking number column in the batch print tab for the order you want to mark and click "Mark as Shipped."
5. Can I combine multiple Web Store orders into a single package and post back one tracking number to each order?
In DAZzle with Endicia Premium, you can combine up to three Web Store orders into one package and post back a single tracking number to all three orders. From the Web Store tab, select the orders you want to combine and click the “Ship Together” icon. Once you've confirmed you would like to proceed, print the label using the same process as with other Web Store orders.