USPS Product and Services Update July 2013
On July 28, 2013 the U.S. Postal Service® (USPS®) is introducing changes to some of their products and services. Endicia has created these pages as a resource to help explain the details of these changes.
For more information on how these changes affect you and your business watch our webinar titled “USPS Changes, July 2013”.
Express Mail Changes
Watch this short 3 minute video for an overview of the changes that the USPS made to Express Mail on July 28, 2013.
Priority Mail Changes
This short, 4 minute video, will highlight the changes that the USPS made to Priority Mail on July 28, 2013.
Key highlights of the July 2013 updates:
- Postage rates are NOT changing for any mail class at this time
- Express Mail is being renamed to Priority Mail Express
- Express Mail International is being renamed to Priority Mail Express International
- Priority Mail:
- Priority Mail Labels will now show the estimated delivery time or special text depending on the type of delivery (APO/FPO, etc)
- Priority Mail Insurance: Priority Mail will now include the following amounts of USPS insurance coverage
- $50 on Commercial Base packages
- $100 on Commercial Plus packages
- All claims must be filed at USPS.com.
- Electronic Delivery Confirmation is now available to 14 countries, including Canada
- All shipping labels will include a 4-digit Carrier Route Code.
- The 4-digit Carrier Route Code may overlap with the position of some saved logos on customer layouts. Check and adjust position of logo if necessary.
For Endicia customers:
- Changes go into effect on July 28, 2013 and new versions of Endicia software will be available for download prior to this date.
- For customers using a downloadable client, updating to the new software is optional at this time.
- Customers using Endicia services that work as APIs (such as Endicia Label Server), either directly or through one of our integrated partners, will see some changes right away.
Below is some additional information about each of these changes.