Endicia will update all service offerings with the new prices and applicable regulations to ensure our customers are compliant and print postage correctly. We are committed to providing our customers with all USPS options as soon as they are available, and we make it a priority to educate our customers and partners about the changes and how they will be affected.
Key Highlights or Changes:
Starting Sunday May 31, 2015, at 12:01AM:
- Priority Mail International for Canada will switch to zone based pricing – there will be 7 pricing zones versus the previous single rate for the entire country.
- The USPS will reduce the $0.01 electronic postage / meter discount to $.005 for First-Class Mail Letters (up to 3.5 oz).
- Proposed, pending approval: First-Class Mail Parcel (Retail) becomes First-Class Package Service (FCPS), which would add a Retail pricing tier to the existing Commercial Base and Commercial Plus pricing tiers for FCPS.
- USPS Tracking becomes free for Library Mail and Media Mail and thus USPS Tracking is included for all domestic mail classes at no additional cost with the exception of Standard Mail which has a cost of $0.36 per piece.
- USPS will require a signature at delivery for all USPS insured shipments with an insured value of more than $500, up from $200; Signature Confirmation is included at no additional fee
- Priority Mail rates remain unchanged allowing shippers to can take advantage of the lower rates that went into effect in September 2014.
- FedEx and UPS implemented Dimensional weight rating for all Ground shipments at the beginning of 2015. This change means that large, lightweight items are much more costly to ship than they were in 2014. It’s important to check and see if the lower USPS Priority Mail rates would be a more economical option.
For more information on the mail classes or USPS price change, download the pdf document titled “USPS Rate Change = Savings! Understanding the September 2014 U.S. Postal Service Rate Changes.”
Endicia and the USPS: The Right Choice for Your Package Shipments
No hidden fees
Private carriers regularly tack on surcharges for residential, Saturday and rural deliveries, address validation and so much more. It’s all included at no extra cost with the USPS. The cost you see in the Endicia software is the price you pay.
APO/FPO, PO Box Delivery
USPS is the only carrier that can deliver to military and diplomatic addresses, as well as PO Boxes. Endicia software makes sending packages to APO/FPO addresses easy with integrated shipping and customs forms.
Delivery 365 days/year
USPS is the only carrier that delivers every day of the year to residential addresses, mailboxes, mail slots and PO Boxes. The Endicia software is also available at any time so you can easily ship out your packages whenever it is convenient for you.
With the introduction of the Intelligent Mail Barcode (IMpb) the USPS typically has over 10 scan events per package. Endicia supports IMpb and offers online tracking, making it easy to keep an eye on packages.
Flat rate options (domestic and international)
Priority Mail flat rate boxes from USPS offer a quick, easy and convenient way to ship packages, at the most affordable price. Endicia software can help you choose the package option that is best for your business.
USPS and Endicia offer the most competitive pricing for your packages – don’t be fooled by private carrier rates that don’t reflect the true price once hidden surcharges are added.
- The leader in electronic postage with over $12 Billion in postage printed.
- Close partnership with the USPS to help tailor the best solution for your business.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use tools to print labels and track your packages.
- Pay-on-Use Returns™ - With Endicia’s Pay-on-Use Returns you only pay for postage on the return shipping label if and when it is used.
Not sure which Endicia service plan is right for you? Visit our Help Me Choose page.