For more detailed information, download our PDF:
Understanding the April 2016 U.S. Postal Service Price Change
Key Highlights or Changes:
Starting at 12:01 a.m. Sunday, April 10, 2016:
- The average rate decreases for USPS products include:
- First-Class Mail® decreasing by 4.1%
- First-Class Mail International® decreasing by 3.8%
- Media Mail® decreasing by 4.0%
- Library Mail decreasing by 4.2%
- Certified Mail® decreasing by 4.3%
- Rates will also decrease for certain domestic and international extra services
With the April 2016 price change, the USPS will reduce rates for Market Dominant mail classes (the mailing services category) by removing a 4.3% surcharge increase that was implemented in January 2014. This temporary surcharge was implemented to help the USPS account for losses during the U.S. economic downturn that began in 2008 and the USPS is projected to recoup these losses by April 10, 2016. With the removal of this surcharge, First-Class Mail rates will decrease.
Endicia will update all service offerings with the new prices and applicable regulations to ensure our customers are compliant and print postage correctly. We are committed to providing our customers with all USPS options as soon as they are available, and we make it a priority to educate our customers and partners about the changes and how they will be affected.
For detailed information about price changes to shipping mail classes that took effect earlier this year, visit our January 2016 USPS Price Change page.