Configure a Connected Postal Weight Scale
You must configure a weight scale before you can use it in Endicia Professional. By using a supported scale, you can automate the selection of the weight when printing labels.
- Note: Although the Order Lookup tab does support using a connected weight scale, the Batch Print tab does not. If using the Batch Print tab, you have other weight-related options.
The following Steps assume that you have done the following before starting Endicia Professional:
- You have a compatible, connected weight scale. For more information, see About Supported Weight Scales.
- You have connected your scale to your computer through either a serial port or a USB connection.
- You have powered on the scale.
- Note: The setup or changes that you make in the following Steps apply only to the current profile.
- If you are using profiles, verify that you have selected the correct profile: On the Order Lookup tab or the Batch Print tab, in the Active Profile field, view or select the desired profile.
- Select Edit > Preferences.
- Select the Scale tab.
- Select one of the options:
- No Scale: This is the default setting.
- Serial: Also, select the following:
- Weight scale model, from a list of supported scales.
- Serial Port and Baud Rate
- Keep serial port open The default value is selected to keep the serial port open. For compatibility reasons, however, some weight scales require that the serial port to be closed at times.
- USB Interface: Also, select your weight scale from the list.
- Click OK.
Copyright © 2017 Endicia. All Rights Reserved.